Sunday, January 25, 2009

Things I Miss About Brussels

I've been back in the U.S. for a little over a month now. The fact that I am still living out of suitcases means that I am a bit unsettled (to put it mildly) and therefore, am really longing to return to my comfortable life in Brussels. So in no particular order, the things I miss about living in Brussels ...
  • My beloved duck ponds near Flagey. No place more beautiful to go for a run ... and even better on the weekend when you can visit the farmer's market after your run.
  • Reasonably priced Belgian beer. Everyone here has it, but I saw a bottle of pecheresse on a menu on Friday for $24/bottle. $24!!! What the funk is that about?
  • Schweppes Light Agrum soda. It's the best ... and they don't sell it here. It sucks.
  • Thalys to Paris in an hour and 20 minutes.
  • Sushi Shop delivery.
  • Bike rides around the city, especially through Bois de la Cambre.
  • Taking lunch breaks EVERYDAY with my girls.
  • Having drinks with friend at Boniface.
  • Free public transport.
  • Daily maid service. God, do I miss my daily maid service.
  • Cute, tall European men around every corner.
  • Never being in a hurry to get anywhere or do anything.
  • Girls nights of drinking champagne and watching movies.

Yeah, I miss it. Being home is OK, but there's nothing like Europe.

2 comments:

biscuitsbrown said...

Yeah! Lunch breaks! I miss them too. I also miss crawlingon the floor in laughter.

(PS - I just signed up to google blog something in dutch! SO EASY. go hard or go home. dutch fun 2008)

biscuitsbrown said...

Golga... public transport is not free here. You can just get away without paying... there's a difference :o)

I'm so into this whole commenting-on-your-blog thing. You blog. I comment. As someone in my office would say "this is a feedback looping communication process"