Sunday, December 7, 2008

Berlin: The Hippest City in Europe

Since I arrived in Brussels, everyone has been telling me to go to Berlin. Word is it is the coolest city in Europe ... crazy art, hip bars and clubs, and dirt cheap to boot. I finally had the chance to go this weekend and was super excited to be going with my fabulous friend Kathrin, a born and bred German and woman obsessed with Berlin.

We had a fantastic time. Really fantastic ... we laughed and laughed and laughed all weekend long. Too much fun and too many things happened to relay in this space, so I'll just post some photos with captions to give you a sense.


And we're on the train from the airport to the city center. Check out the stylish seat covers.


I'm just a girl from the Midwest. Pass me a Jagerbomb, please.

Apparently, German girls like their Jagerbombs too!

Mmmm ... schnitzel sandwich.


Brandenburg Gate!

Reichstag! I was hoping to see Angie, but no.

See the line in the road? That's where the Wall was.

The Holocaust Memorial

Two things Germans love ... wurst and emoticons.

Berlin is very cool. My camera died half way through the trip, so I don't have anywhere near as many photos as I'd like to have. We played in Christmas markets, went to some very hip bars, walked all over the place. It definitely deserves the hype ... I can't wait to go back.

No comments: