Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Prada flower heel exists!

This event is so BIG it gets its own post. I was finishing up a great day of shopping (more on that in my next post) and looking for a place to grab a quick bite and enjoy the warm, sunny weather when I was stopped dead in my tracks. There, gleaming from the window of a high-end shoe store on the Avenue Louise were the loves of my life ... the Prada flower heel ... in three variations!
Some of you may know that I have been obsessed with these shoes for a number of months, and have spent many hours staring at them online and in magazines. If there ever was a shoe that screamed Mogo, it would be the Prada flower heels. The price tag, on the other hand, screams "What are you thinking? You can't afford these shoes. Get thee to the Payless right away!"
On the sage advice of my good friend Amanda, I decided that if I ever saw the shoes in real life (only available online from
Bergdorfs in the U.S., as far as I can tell), I would try them on and see if they really were deserving of my love and the debt I would have to go into to purchase them.
So I walked into the store, dropped all of my bags, and got down on my hands and knees to search for my size. Alas, no size 41s in any of the styles they hand in stock. While I was disappointed, I believe this was God's way of reminding me that $800 is well spent on much more important things than shoes. So I took a couple of photos (the guy working in the store thought I was nuts) and went about my day.
But I will say this ... if they had the ones on the top in my size, I may have been forced to purchase them. They are just as gorgeous in real life as they are in magazines. Let's hope the knock off version is available soon.


















No comments: