Monday, December 1, 2008

Lucky Number 33 in Brussels

Such a treat to spend my 33rd birthday with my new friends in Brussels. Rebecca, Kathrin and Sheila made sure I had a wonderful day. Rebecca brought me breakfast, Sheila sent me beautiful flowers as she was in Seattle and unable to participate in person, and Rebecca and Kathrin planned a really special night for me.
Kathrin, Rebecca and I began the night with cocktails at the Metropole. Hotel Metrople is one of those Brussels establishments ... a gorgeous fin de siecle space that is totally classy and over the top.

The beautiful Ms. Eichel at Metropole.


The sexy and mysterious Ms. Rebecca Brown.


And that's me, laughing my ass off in my beautiful Josep Font dress. Love it!

After drinks, we had a really lovely dinner (not at La Manufacture as planned, but at a nice little Italian joint). The girls made me a huge birthday table and gave me my gifts and a little cake. Rebecca gave me a very "me" ring and Kathrin gave me a Berlin city guide (we are going this weekend!). I'll admit it, I cried. I love my Biscuits and Dr. Eichel!!!!


Me and my Biscuits at my birthday dinner.

After dinner, we headed to Zebra Bar to meet up with other friends. The night went on and on ... I believe I arrived home at 4:30 am with a kebab from the Sultans of Kebab in tow. It was a blast ... and I don't feel a day over 25!

John and Dragan were there to celebrate.


So was Filippo.

And my crazy friend Eva!

And the adorable Zoe!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Can't wait for you to be back in DC.