Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Au revoir, mes amis!

Well, this is it. After months of planning, I leave tonight for Brussels. It is hard to believe that I will wake up tomorrow in Europe, and that I'll be staying for six months. But I couldn't be more excited.

Thanks to everyone who came out for my going away party, especially Mama and Papa Golga, who drove in from Ohio and happily hung out in a bar ... something they are not prone to do. (I know, I must be the milkman's baby!)



A big shout out also to my boo, Lex. For the past three days, Lex has happily helped me pack up my house, put things in storage and ship six large boxes overseas. Need I remind you it has been over 100 degrees in D.C. for the past four days? Lex has made this transition so much easier for me. Good to have a bestie who is also an expert at moving your life overseas. Thanks Lex!

No comments: